Thank You Phoenix!!!

I wanted to take a brief moment of your time to sincerely thank you for attending my exhibition, The Pink Door Photographs. 

Without you, it would have been that much less of an experience for all of us.  With over 2 months in preparation, the last couple of hours 
before the doors opened seemed like a lifetime with all of the anxieties of a public event in full force.  It’s my hope that you enjoyed your 
time in the galleries viewing the featured photographs as well as the pictorial essay surrounding Evelyn and her seven children.

After the show came to a close, I returned the following day to spend a quiet moment with my work.  After so much time and money had 
been spent I pondered if it was in fact worth the efforts made by so many and I have to say with a resounding yes, that indeed it was.  
We all played a part that night, an important role for good and I am grateful to have spent those few moments together with you.

I do have one small favor to ask of you.  In all of the rush to open we didn’t manage to have a comment book for anyone to sign.  So 
would appreciate your leaving a comment for me on your experience at the exhibition Friday evening.  Also, if you feel that you’d still like 
to purchase an image, framed or otherwise or even a T-Shirt, please write to me at my email address listed below and I will discuss your 
interests and options in purchasing an image from the exhibition.

Please know that I appreciate your support of my ongoing work to help raise awareness for the Haitian community.

Best regards and thank you,

Rodney Rascona
rrascona@aol.com

10 comments:

  1. The night was full of beautiful and educational imagery! Thank you for what you are out there doing and I hope you continue on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful event. The photographs are gorgeous and powerful. Rodney, you captured the core of the Haitians in the photos.
    My hope is that you will offer another exhibit so many more people have an opportunity to see, learn and give.
    Kudos to all the sponsores and volunteers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the personal phone invite, it was appreciated! We very much enjoyed the experience, specifically the images in the "White Room". This body of work definitely reflects the skills learned from years in the commercial world, the images were spectacular both in technique and content. While we worry about the next job or whether our photographs are accepted with open arms, these folks are looking for water, food and a safe place to sleep. Sobering to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great show on Friday evening. I had a great time and it seemed as though everyone else did too. The set up was amazing, photos were inspiring (as always) and from the conversations that I had, people’s eyes were opened and hearts pulled toward the poverty of the world. Thanks for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to pass on a thank you and congratulations to you on a beautiful event and show. That really was a special event. The work was great, the presentation was great, the venue, all of it was great! I'm really glad I went and thank you for extending the invitation to me. The only disappointment was I didn't win a raffle prize! The portfolios were fantastic. Congratulation and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Rod!!!! Kudos to you and your vision!!!
    It was great to have seen you tonight...
    Until we meet again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The exhibit was wonderful last night...everything came together so well and it showcased your work beautifully. I heard many people talking about how moving the images were...and to see the resilience and beauty of the Haitian people in your photos, it made us very excited about the possibility of heading to Haiti. Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, Rascona combines pathos with hope. Such selfless dedication to the voiceless of the world can only spring from a deep spiritual

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know about your latest project but it looks absolutely great. Powerful images as usual...you really managed to bring out the feeling of hope through these photographs, so the name for the exhibition is more than fitting...real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful. I wish I had known about this show, I would definitely have gone. I hope there will be another one soon?

    ReplyDelete